[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Test category » Empire Earth 4 » Suggestions and comments to the mod. (This free topic, you can write anything as regards to mod.)
Suggestions and comments to the mod.
jussmeDate: Friday, 06.07.2012, 22:35 | Message # 16
Private
Group: Users
hi Nice mod. but i was trying to figure out but i cant find the info. how do you remove the build limit and remove tech point requirements for building units. I found those things pretty annoying. i like the school system which is neat but i cant build more than 2 buildings of just about anything is annoying. i can only build 2 barracks. 2 outpost 2 factories. I cant rebuild my armies and i cant build up good defenses. and why would i need a tech point to build a seige unit?? Im in the age to do it? what you could use could have done was make an upgrade be able to use the factory units like you need to research to be able trade. that would have made more sense and if you wanted to be real different even make upgradeable research to to upgrade your units. personally i think that makes it to complicated with what your already trying to do but its a suggestion thats better then then needing a tech point everytime to make units. thats kind of rediculous. also how do you adjust research time to age. it should be faster and need more tech point requirements.
also if you could add in a couple of age empires 3 units for the meso americans that would be cool and do something similar to the fire pit like in age of empires 3. I like this mod but I couldnt play it any more because of the build limit and tech point system. it really bugged me. and how do you edit the the disabled units to appear in in their production site. I know you warned me of crashes and lag but i wanna test it. I enabled the meso american barrack units but i couldnt add the horses in the stables and find tech points resource in the cvs table in the tech tree folder i played on all the highest graphic settings largest map and pop settings and my game was playing fine

Message edited by jussme - Friday, 06.07.2012, 22:43

rgv1Date: Sunday, 08.07.2012, 17:01 | Message # 17
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Administrators
Let's find out the following.

First, ee4 should not be similar to EE2. EE4 mod - it is a completely different game. I do not have to do it the same as EE2. I have another point of view on the game.

"I found those things pretty annoying." Hmm.
I am not forcing you to play the mod.
I think your arguments unfair and stupid.
You are so critical in their assessments of you is invisible advantages, which are the result of innovations. What can I say - you are too conservative and do not want innovation, you do not understand. You also do not want to evaluate the novelty of the change.
I will say a lot, you do not understand how to construct a game
you do not see the basic weaknesses of the original EE2, as well as the reasons for these shortcomings.
I'm sorry that you are so narrowly look at things that you are so critical. You know, I have a team of testers who agree with me almost everywhere. I consult with them about all the innovations, we have a complete understanding.

"the build limit"
Unlike other rts-game in EE2 is the territory. This is a very important idea. The war in EE2 - primarily a war for territory. The larger the area - the greater military capabilities, the more resources, the greater the maximum number of people. Capture territory faster than the enemy - and you will have more opportunities. Territory - this is a very important part of a strategy to EE2. Now you will not be able to build 10 baraks in a very small area, you just need to capture more territory.

rgv1Date: Sunday, 08.07.2012, 17:02 | Message # 18
Lieutenant colonel
"remove tech point requirements for building units."
"why would i need a tech point to build a seige unit??"
In EE4 Mod tech point - this is a new type of resource, it is very difficult to obtain, collect a lot of tech point is very difficult. The most efficient units require a tech point, it is made to ensure that you are not able to hire quickly and many of the most efficient units. This is part of a new balance. You can not hire 100 guns, for this you need a 1000 tech point. The artillery unit is very effective, but it is a very expensive unit.
Now you understand?

"I cant rebuild my armies and i cant build up good defenses."
If you have lost an entire army - it means you're playing badly. This question is not for me. Recover 100 units per minute - this is not a strategy, it is not an interesting tactic to fill up the masses, to fill up by brute force. Learn the tactics of each unit and you'll win.
In ee4 mod the most important thing is the army, it is impossible to lose the whole army. If you have lost a great battle - you can lose entire game. The defense in the EE4 modes based on the maneuvers of the army, the defense is based on the army, and not on the fortifications. Defensive structures play a minor role in the defense.
Irritates me is the only defensive tactics in the EE2 - a defense based on fortresses, outposts and towers. It is banal, not interesting, boring tactics. When more than 20 games to play - that play is not fun. If the defense is based on the maneuvering of troops - that is more diverse, more interesting and unpredictable tactics.

"make an upgrade"
What? You have seen how work upgrades in EE2? Do you want to make an upgrade to recruit artillery? Upgrades in every age?
You can not fix the main problem - everyone will gain a lot of artillery.
only Artillery will be the effective unit without drawbacks.
The entire game is reduced to the artillery to quickly hire.
You must offering the idea of eliminate a major problem. But you do not understand why I do it. Maybe then you should not offer advice.

rgv1Date: Sunday, 08.07.2012, 17:02 | Message # 19
Lieutenant colonel
"personally i think that makes it to complicated with what your already trying to do but its a suggestion thats better then then needing a tech point everytime to make units."
What you suggested does not solve any problem. You do not see the problem which is solved using the tech point everytime to make units.

"thats kind of rediculous." I laugh at your ideas and self-confidence.

"also how do you adjust research time to age. it should be faster and need more tech point requirements." You understand or that mod ee4 is not EE2 game? I do not make a copy of EE2, I want to do another game.

In ee4 other concept of the game. Here the principal value of each epoch. Each era is individual, in contrast to EE2. Therefore, the transition into the next era of takes a long time, and the advantage gained from the new era - very big.
New era of waiting with impatience, and not as commonplace in the EE2.
This is the interest to play in each period - is interesting. This is a new concept of Mod. You play in a certain period of time (for one game have time to go 3-4 epoch = two o'cloc

The only advantage of EE2 game - a quick transition from one to 15 age. This is interesting. However, this is a big drawback. In EE2 no way do different times, to different tactics in each period. It's just not necessary. If you play in every age 5-10 minutes, you will not see the difference between the epochs. The difference is only visual. Why learn the tactics of each epoch, if you can wait for the next era. In the EE2 age may not be as unique as in aoe1-3. One of the main goals of mod - make a unique every age.

"I know you warned me of crashes and lag but i wanna test it." I read a comment in YouTube. You do not understand me.
I will try again to explain:

rgv1Date: Sunday, 08.07.2012, 17:02 | Message # 20
Lieutenant colonel
I'm doing is completely unique units for each country.
It is absolutely unique.
I need to remove the old units of EE2 (three units of infantry and two units cavalry).
I can not cut them out of the game. If I have them cut out of the game, or delete - it will cause the crash of the game. The crash will it delete the original units. That removal (cutting program code).
What do I do? I give them a very high price - 5000000 uranium and 5000000 tin. Now these units are not hiring. They can not recruit people and can not recruit the computer AI.
That was my goal is not to hire the older unit.

What have you done - you establish them regular price. This action will not cause the collapse of the game. The computer is now hiring older units EE2. Now the computer produces little or no produce new units. Three units of infantry and two units cavalry, are one and the same unit for all countries in Europe, Asia, America and Africa. Simply, these soldiers have Different appearance, but it's the same unit. If you change the price for the Mesoamerican soldiers - you change the price and for Europe, and Asia, and Africa.
Europe is now produces the old infantry. What's the point? Again, back to the EE2?

goncenDate: Sunday, 03.02.2013, 02:04 | Message # 21
Private
Hello.
I've been testing the mod and I have a sea of ​​comments and suggestions, but two details best comment I consider essential for the next versions of the mod.

as comment: there is a flaw in the map editor to want to set diplomacy. Close the program wanting to change

as a suggestion: Westway all wonderful but mainly suggest that, if possible, put space age field and type space as in Empire Earth: The Art of Conquest

sfarrellyDate: Thursday, 07.02.2013, 12:30 | Message # 22
Private
Problems with Empire Earth IV mod

First of all, before i start speaking about problems, I DO LIKE THIS MOD. All the comments below are just issues i've run into during play, some are game-breakers, some aren't. I was using version 9.02

1. Units don't upgrade. This means that you can be stuck with epoch 1 units for the entire game (unless you tribute them away) if you're not at war with any of your neighbours. Ok, given the range of units available per epoch, it's probably not realistic to expect them all to have an upgrade chain, but, perhaps having them upgrade to the base (weakest) unit of the next epoch would be workable.

2. A lot of the school citizens don't really have a purpose when you can make them (Epoch 2). For example, the fisherman can't do ANYTHING until Epoch 6, all you can do with him is garrison him until then. Some of them are useful even if they are unable to make any unique buildings (gold-digger, lumberjack and so on), but others just don't seem to have a purpose until they can make their building, which leads to the next point ...

3. Some of the new buildings seem to do nothing. Grape farm is one example. I've built grapes around it, i've harvested them, nothing, it's not used as a drop-off point and seems to contribute nothing to resources at all. Cattle ranch is similar, but at least that one has a construction list of animals (no paddock option though :P)

4. The Architect (and Engineer). What is their purpose. I've only been able to build either an outpost or a building called "2" with them (so far, game ended at epoch 9 because i forgot to make it sole-survivor). "2" has no description saying what it is/does, but looks kind of like an old foundry/forge.

5. Similar story with the scientist, he builds a Library1, but no description as to what it does (i'm going to assume that it helps with gaining tech points in that territory, but there's no text to tell you that).

6. The Lumberjack (and trees in general) - Ok, i agree with them having less health, but you need to micro-manage the lumberjack for him to be useful. Would it be possible to have him auto-plant trees (like the cycle-build option in the barracks)? I'm not sure if that's acheivable given that he has an area to work on, as opposed to just making a unit. I'm thinking of something along the lines of a forester from settlers here.

7. I couldn't upgrade any of my military units to veteran (or elite). Maybe this is part of the mod, but i did see the PC using veteran units so i'm just not sure what is happening there.

8. The map(s) seem to be fixed. As in, there is only one map per terrain layout. This is most likely a glitch of some sort, just letting you know about it. Also, the large island map generates a map with 1 land mass and 2 corners of water.

9. Least important point here, but the English translation doesn't quite work, which doesn't help with a mod of this magnitude. I'm not a modder, but if you want, you can send me the text already used (.doc or .txt preferably) and i'll go through it and fix it.

10. It seems to be VERY easy to max out on both stone and gold (Epoch 2 in the game i played). I ended up tributing 10k of each to the other 3 PC players every 20 minutes (they loved me for that, and the units i gave them)

Ok, time for some more play-testing

Added (07.02.2013, 12:30)
---------------------------------------------
11. Sorry, forgot it in my original post, is there any way to get rid of the "under attack" notification when a cow/tree you made is killed. It's not a game-breaker, but it is kind of annoying (trees tend to "die" every minute or so if you have 6 guys hacking at them, probably quicker if it's 6 lumberjacks)

PooponawallDate: Saturday, 30.03.2013, 00:58 | Message # 23
Private
this is just me i lost my regular gmail account access but i wanted to say its a kewl mod.

I think we should have a option for in the game on the build limit and on game pace the tech point gathering rate should be in included I also think that the civilization editor should have more stuff like empire earth art of conquest.  with bonuses like cost reduction for certain types of units and resistance armor bonuses and there and it would be kewl to have 2 special units allowed in the civ editor

The reason why i don't like units costing tech points is because the tech point gathering is already slow to begin and makes no sense why would i have to spend tech points for each individual unit i already have the upgrades and epoch upgrade for?

meso american race also needs to be fixed but you probably know that
if you can teach me how to edit these files though for the build limit via tutorial id apreciate it though

also an update for  widescreen would be nice

I havnt tried this mod for a while ima test it out because before i didnt give it a complete test through. ill give you some feed back

Added (30.03.2013, 00:18)
a couple of things
Carpenters dont build anything. they should be able to produce everything but more expensive then engineers. Engineer unit cost should be more expensive then carpenters but build faster.

-Farmers don't produce anything to there specific ethnic group
A propsal would be to produce each race with there own school so that they can produce there own farmers that produce only there own food if you have issues with that

-minors and gold diggers should be able to produce mine sites.
-lumber jacks should be able to produce a lumber warehouse or something
-farmers should be able to produce a mill.

-there should be a military acadamy or some building of sort so that special units for the civ are made

-2 special civ units in the editor should be allowed.
-theres no macemen/swordsmen/spearmen equivalent  after 1rst epoch

-build limits are extremely low. Especially for warehouses which makes no sense because resources are distributed un equally  so why would i be allowed to make only about 3 warehouses per territory for example if theres 6 different type of resources and i have 4 or more in my territory.

-defensive building build limits are rediculously. I already told you about that one.
-Build limit for military producing buildings should be higher. I play fine with no lag. The lag is probably due to your cpu specs.  I play on gigantic maps with the 2000 pop max settings but I cant build more then 3 per each kind of building is rediculously low 5 should be the max or  even 6 like the regualr game.
-That is true what you said about Booming someone with large armies but thats part of warefare and the fun. Large empires like rome used to do that to others also The the damage done to counter part units like archers on infantry should be alittle higher if you can do that. whats the fun if you cant face enemies that are much larger then you also? thats part of the fun because its fun to cut off enemies from there supplies also. and your build limit makes the defenses in the stone age real easy to do that
- native americians throw cannon balls instead of spears/javlin.

- seige weapons and other units shouldnt cost tech points. thats why you invest in the next epoch for. so that you have the technology and the other resources are so you have the raw material.

-the civ editor should have more civ bonus options like empire earth art of conquest and even some of the "civ powers" of empire earth aoc were pretty cool. like being able to walk over mountains.

for some reason i couldnt advance to epoch 4 even though i had over 56 tech points and i had more 6 or more tech upgrades already done. I dont know if you changed a requirement for that epoch or maybe it was me or something

Added (30.03.2013, 00:35)
Im not a modder either but couldn't you make vanilla barracks stables and factories cost uranium?? the ai shouldnt be able to produce vanilla buildings to produce vanilla units then. and then just add custom made barracks, stables and factories to the game for the specific ethnic group and add civ special unit editor in the game so that you can pic what specific units you want for your civs in each epoc. would be a cool idea. i dont know if thats unrealisticly possible though
I remember in the scenerio editor for EE art of conquest you can specifically edit exactly what units you want for for your civ. through all the ages That was a cool idea. would be a cool concept for the civ editor so you can do random maps with full custom civs instead of just one map for that scenerio

Message edited by Pooponawall - Saturday, 30.03.2013, 01:01

goncenDate: Sunday, 15.09.2013, 08:22 | Message # 24
Private
please solve the problem of incompatibility with windows 8 x64

nomnomDate: Monday, 16.12.2013, 15:03 | Message # 25
Private
Hello ... hello
Is this great mod to be played in multiplayer mode only ?

vanwykcoryDate: Thursday, 29.04.2021, 06:20 | Message # 26
Private
Hi there smile

I am looking at modding empire earth 2 trees. I want to use textures from Empire earth 1 for trees as I like EE1 trees better. Do u know which file has the ee2 tree textures?

Thank you
Cory

androiddimitrisDate: Thursday, 06.01.2022, 22:32 | Message # 27
Private
First of all congratulations to the developers, excellent, great work.

I have to make suggestions for some changes to the future versions of Empire Earth IV Mod:

- The installation file could be standalone without the need of the original game.
- The campaigns could be combined for the mod.
- You could make units smaller in size so they would correspond with buildings in reality, or you could make buildings larger.
- There could be an idea of military camp rather than civil construction, for more realism (a city is huge with millions of people, a military camp is small) . So it would be more reasonable to conquer territories with building one "Outpost - Watctower" or at least "Fortress" or "Market" in all territories and not "Town Centers" With the idea of military or financial occupation and not civil population. The occupation of a territory could be the opposite; the territories needed Fortress would need Town Center.
- The new buildings and civil units of the mod could be more usefull and more functional for the financial development.
- The "Hero Unit" ability could be an option to be set and advanced with expenditure from the player as making an officer.
- Cpu players could be adjusted to use the abilities of the mod.
- The building sites could me more flexible on the ground.
- The capture time of a building could be reduced or with capturing one building there could be captured other buildings around, for example with capturing the Town Center which could be renamed to "Administration" or "Headquarters", there could other buildings be captured together.
- You could make a version to port the game for Chrome Operating System or LINUX.

Added (06.01.2022, 22:50)
-Also the buildings of a civilization could stay as they are and in the epoch they are after capturing than transforming.

Added (03.03.2022, 18:13)
Also
- The destructed buildings could stay as ruins until one new building would be constructed in the place.
- Military units could build military buildings, for example Watch Towers and Tents and Wooden Walls, Tents which would revive the energy of units like the Town Centers.
- Also there could exist Hospitals that would produce Medics.

Added (04.03.2022, 21:36)
For Empire Earth IV Mod
In addition to my previous comment.

You could create an "Empire Earth V" Mod in which you would enhance to the "Rise of Nations" abilities.
This could be done with cooperation and support from the game "0 AD" developers.
The basic element could be the standard of many territories and borders as it is.

Moreover you could combine elements and graphics appearance from games and mods:
- 0 AD
- Empire Earth (1)
- Empire Earth III
- Age of Empires (1)
- Age of Empires II HD
- Age of Empires III
- Age of Empires III Mods
- Age of Empires III Mod Wars of Liberty
- Empires Dawn of the Modern World
- Command and Conquer Generals
- The Settlers 3 + 4 + 5 + 6
- Empires Apart

Basically the Age of Empires III Graphics.

All of these also for Android OS and Chrome OS (Linux).

slowthinker84Date: Sunday, 03.07.2022, 22:33 | Message # 28
Private
from the looks of it and info, sounds like a awesome mod that's well done But I have never played it. I would think it's probably better then the original empire earth art of conquest.

Forum » Test category » Empire Earth 4 » Suggestions and comments to the mod. (This free topic, you can write anything as regards to mod.)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: